CSXtreme provides the industry-leading benefits of Barrier One with additional components that makes it perfect for outdoor use. CSXtreme makes concrete impermeable, eliminating the need for surface sealers and coatings.
Create concrete that withstands weather, moisture, temperature fluctuations and exposure to acids and deicing compounds.
FEATURES and ADVANTAGES
- Extends the life expectancy of concrete by a minimum of 50%
- No scaling per ASTM C-672
- Ponding: 80% Reduction in Corrosion per ASTM -1543
- ASR Reduction: 78% Average Reduction in Alkali Silicate Reaction per ASTM - 1260
- Rapid Chloride Ion Penetration: 42% Reduction in Corrosion per ASTM - C1202
- Sodium Silicate Free
- Creates Impermeable Concrete
- Increases Strength
- Used in Light and Normal Weight Concrete
- Certified Shrink Reducer
- Certified Corrosion Inhibitor
- Certified Alkali Silica Reaction Inhibitor
- Water to Cementitious Materials Ratio: 0.31 to 0.52
- Inhibits Warping and Curling
- Abrasion Resistant
- Eliminates Efflorescence
- Resistant to Oils, Fats & Acids
- Reduces Surface Dusting
- Minimizes Surface Cracks
Concrete that Stands Up to the Extremes
CSXtreme (PIA), like Barrier One (PIA), closes the capillary system within concrete to make it truly impermeable to water. The resulting concrete is denser and stronger with increased resistance to abrasion, warping and shrinkage.
With added ingredients that withstand extreme temperature fluctuations, chemical and weather exposure, CSXtreme (PIA) is designed to maximize performance in outdoor and harsh indoor environments.
CSXtreme (PIA) is formulated for use in:
- Sea walls
- Sewage tanks
- Water tanks
- And much more!
(Rapid Chloride Ion Test)
(six aggregates tested)